If interior design assistance of any kind is on your wishlist in 2022, interior designer Mary Kate Nave is ready to meet your need and bring a big smile to your face. Whether she is on-site with an interior design client or assisting shoppers who are wandering through her brick-and-mortar store (Wood & Cloth Interiors), Nave exudes a contagious joy and passion for helping others find delight in their homes.
Nave says that her interior design journey began naturally years ago when friends and family, who knew that she had a cunning eye for piecing things together, asked her repeatedly for help with their homes.
Interior Design in Madison, Alabama
“Some would ask me for help with putting together chairs with their dining table, and others would ask for advice with matching a backsplash with their countertop,” shares Nave.
She jokes that her design services “kind of blew up from there” and has since built a thriving interior design business in addition to their storefront with her husband Cody and several employees.
Nave says that she offers three primary design services.
- First, she offers full-fledged overhauls for entire rooms or an entire home. She says that this type of client is someone who is interested in new furniture and decor as well as the service of putting it all together in a cohesive way.
- Next, she offers partial overhauls for an entire room or home. She says that this type of client doesn’t need any big staple pieces of furniture but is rather interested in new decor, such as lamps, wall hangings, bedding, etc.
- Finally, she offers “just” design services. This type of client is someone who isn’t looking to purchase any new pieces but would love a designer to come in and work with what they already have on hand.
Examples of Projects Nave and her Team Have Worked on Recently
- Nave did a handful of interior design work for a local client and is now working to outfit the client’s new vacation home out of state. She said that they are working on all of the designs now, selecting pieces, and will load everything up and truck to deliver it and set up the home to the client’s liking!
- Another client moved into a new home but asked Nave and her team to set up the home in a way that was somewhat of a “Joanna Gaines reveal”. Nave worked with all of her existing pieces but then went out and purchased things such as bedsheets, decor, rugs, and bookshelves. The client was flabbergasted and thrilled with the reveal!
- Nave has staged several model homes for local builders and will hand-select pieces to bring to the home as well as set it all up in a way that maximizes the home’s beauty and layout.
- Their team has joined many clients at their home-building meetings to help ensure that their selections for their homes are cohesive and fit the style/look that the client is hoping to achieve.
Nave and her team equally enjoy working on small, one-room projects/design dilemmas as well as large, whole-family projects.
“My team member Jana is especially talented at the smaller projects,” Nave shares. “You can come into our store and pick out a few things that you like, and then Jana will take everything with her to your home and make it all look just right.”
Nave shared that some of her favorite projects revolve around clients who are moving into a new home and have no idea how to make their existing things fit their new space.
“We can do those projects on a small budget,” shared Nave. “Sometimes all it takes is buying some general decor and a couple of lamps and pairing it with the things someone already has. We can then set everything up beautifully!”
One of Nave’s passions is sharing with clients that you don’t have to break the bank in order to love your space and achieve the style you’re going for.
“We can add a really nice new side table and rug, and then pull the room together in a way that makes the client so happy!”
Nave says that the common denominator with most clients is that they want a certain look for their home but are stumped with how to get there. She says that tackling this is the most fun part of her job and that she can’t get enough of seeing her clients happy when the project is over.
Wood & Cloth Interior Design services make it easy to get the process rolling on the project you have in mind.
- The first step is to send them a message on social media or an email sharing the project you have in mind.
- Next, Nave and a team member will come to your home or office, scout out the project in person, discuss initial ideas, and have a conversation about your budget.
- Next, Nave and her designers will come up with a few options and relay pictures and ideas back to the client in less than one week.
- Finally, Nave and her team get to work bringing the selected vision to life!
Nave and her husband Cody shared that they are passionate about being a source for design projects from start to finish. From offering design advice to having pieces on hand to take home, to setting up those pieces precisely for you, they take pride in making your interior dreams come true as quickly as they can.
Quick Links for Wood & Cloth Interior Design Services