People that know me personally know that when I find out about something really great, I really enjoy sharing about it. Today is one of those days where I’m sharing about and breaking down something pretty fantastic, and I think you’ll agree with me!
A few days ago I sat down with local Chick-fil-A Marketing Director Katie Bentley to learn the ins and outs of their brand new delivery service, and I left our time together giddy to get home and get this story written because who doesn’t need piping hot Chick-fil-A on their doorstep?
I know I do. You’re welcome.
Or rather, my pleasure.
One month ago, the Madison and Wynn Drive (Huntsville) Chick-fil-A locations rolled out their delivery service, and every aspect of the service is designed with customers at the top of mind.
Chick-fil-A has been using third-party businesses to have their product delivered for a while, but beginning in January, they’ll be discontinuing those partnerships in lieu of focusing on their own personal delivery service only.
What is the brand new Chick-fil-A delivery service?
(It’s Heaven on your doorstep, that’s what.)
Chick-fil-A has recently hired a handful of employees specifically to facilitate deliveries. Customers within a five-mile radius of either store can use their Chick-fil-A app to order their desired items, select a time for delivery, and then receive it on their porch during the selected time span.
The fee to use the delivery service is $2.99, and there’s no order too small or too large for delivery. Want a single milkshake? You’re welcome to use the delivery service! Interested in treating your entire office to lunch? You can have that delivered too for the same fee.
(Tipping your driver is optional, though he or she will receive 100% of what you designate in the “tip” portion of your order.)
Ordering is a cinch via the Chick-fil-A app, and those who are already familiar with using it for a few years (me included!) will tell you that.
Simply download the app, create an account if necessary, and then follow as you’re guided through each step.
Orders are available for delivery between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
More reasons why this delivery service is awesome
Did you know that customers who order via the app collect points that are redeemable for free food? For the last few months, customers who ordered delivery Chick-fil-A via a third-party business didn’t receive reward points. With this new internal delivery service, customers will earn points via ordering through the app for drive thru orders, catering orders, and delivery service orders!
Author note: We’ve been using the Chick-fil-A app since 2018 and redeem free items all the time! Here are a few ways we’ve used it:
- for catering our kids’ birthday parties
- for placing orders ahead of time that I pick up in-store and enjoy with friends right when we get there (instead of hauling three kids to the line to order and then wait additionally for a food)
- for searching for and placing orders during road trips (we save so much time, and my family is able to tell me ahead of time what they want to eat and drink)
Another major perk to Chick-fil-A having their own delivery service is that they’re able to offer the exact same treatment as if a customer came into the store. Special bags will carry the orders and keep everything either hot or cold.
“With this system, your fries will still be hot when they arrive at your door,” says Bentley.
Bentley shared that after a month of offering this service, they’ve delivered every single order correctly and on time.
Ideas for how to utilize the Chick-fil-A delivery service
- Hosting a small playdate with a friend but don’t want to worry about preparing food for adults and kids in the middle of the day? Enjoy the ease of quickly ordering via the app, and then get back to hosting your friend.
- Want to spoil your office with lunch? Round up everyone’s’ orders ahead of time and have them delivered to make their day.
- Know someone who just had a baby, had surgery, or is feeling blue? Ask for their favorite Chick-fil-A items and have it sent for lunch or dinner as a distanced way to offer a pick-me-up.
- Do you adore your child’s teacher and want to send him or her lunch? Ask for his or her order ahead of time, ask what time they’d like lunch, and then have it delivered to them at school.
Something to note about wait times
I attempted to order food for delivery yesterday around 10:30 a.m., but the wait time for my meal was nearly 100 minutes. Because it was prime lunchtime, the wait time was longer. Out of curiosity, I checked again at 1:30, and the wait time was only 20 minutes. It all depends on if you’re ordering at a prime mealtime or not.
My personal suggestion is to order the food and schedule it’s arrival as soon as you know you want it. This will ensure it arrives at the time you want it to.